Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Province at Kent apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Are the apartments furnished?
- Yes, all of our apartments are fully furnished. All you need to supply is linens, utensils and any personal items that you will need.
- Are the furnished beds all the same size?
- Yes, all beds have Full XL sized mattresses. 54" wide x 80" long x 8" thick
- Can I bring my pet?
- Unfortunately no, pets are not allowed.
- Can I pay my bill with a credit card? Is there an extra charge?
Great News! We have a great feature that lets you pay online! View your balance, submit electronic checks, or pay with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover from any computer. You can even submit maintenance requests! Just log on to our website, click the "Pay Rent" link. This will take you to our resident rent pay portal. There is a small convenience charge for this service.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- What lease terms are available?
- All leases are written for an 11 1/2 month period with 12 equal payments.
- Is the furniture shown on the website similar to what I can expect in my apartment?
Yes! The website gives you a realistic view of the furniture that you can expect in your apartment
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of three (3) month's rent.
- What do I need to do if I have a package delivered?
- Most packages will be delivered to the main office. If the package is small enough and sent Postal Service, it may be in your personal mailbox. We sign all packages in and notify residents by phone or flier. Residents are required to show a picture I.D. and sign the package out. Roommates and other friends are not allowed to pick up your package.
- What types of apartments and rooms are available?
- We have four different types of apartments available, including 1x1, 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 apartments. Each of these types have different floor plans/layouts to choose from. It’s all up to you! More info is available from our leasing office.
- What types of leases are available?
- We lease by the bedroom at The Province. This means that your monthly rent covers your bedroom only. The benefit of this is that you cannot be held responsible if your roommate does not pay or is late with his or her rent.
- What utilities are included?
- Basic cable, sewer, trash, internet, and water are included.
- Will you send me a bill each month for rent?
We do not send invoices for your Monthly Base Rent. Your copy of the lease serves as your bill.